Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Friday, August 8, 2008

I had my 2nd Sonogram (August 6, 2008)

The placenta is at the right and the membrane is coming straight out of it, it's not very visible, it's above Baby A's body. This more than likely means they are mono/di twins. Yay!! Identical!!!


I had my second ultrasound the day before yesterday. We now know that there are only two babies in there, at least that's what the sonographer said. The babies are growing as they should. I found out during the ultrasound that there is only one placenta, but the babies are in their own sacs. So, what does that mean? It could mean that they are identical, but it also could mean they are not identical. Very confusing! Either way, I think my pregnancy just stepped up to a higher risk one. I pray the little babies develop at an even rate.
We asked the sonographer if he could see the gender of the babies, but he said he wouldn't want to try and predict what they are at this time. He said he didn't want to make a mistake, so he makes it a practice not to find out this early in a pregnancy (12 weeks, 4 days). We just wanted a little preview, but he wouldn't do it. Maybe with the next ultrasound, which isn't scheduled for another 7 weeks, I'll be 19 and a half weeks along by then. We did have some nice views of the babies. Baby A, looked like it was waving to us and Baby B looked like it had the hiccups. We could see their hearts beating as plain as day. Baby A's heart rate was 165 and Baby B's heart rate was 161...I'm thinking girls, but the sonographer said that you can't tell by the heart rate this early on. He said that later on, when it's closer to delivery time, then the heart rate is different in boys and girls, girls being the faster one. Everyone is placing bets as to the genders and if they are fraternal or identical. For myself, I want a boy and a girl, but if they are identical I would say boys, but I'm just praying for healthy babies.

August 7, 2008

1st Official Doctor's Visit

I had my first Doctor's visit today. He told me my ultrasound looked good and he also talked about what to expect during my pregnancy. I'm not looking forward to the bed rest he said I will have to get plenty of after 22 to 24 weeks. He didn't seem to be concerned that there is only one placenta, I guess because they are growing at an even rate. I have another appointment with him in four weeks, maybe I will get another ultrasound. He said to expect ultrasound every 4 weeks. I've been reading a lot about TTTS (Twin To Twin Transfusion) I pray my babies won't develop this, it scares me. I found a great website on the subject with a lot of helpful information; http://www.tttsfoundation.org/

This is a bit of what I found out on the subject of Twins To Twins Tranfusion Syndrome:
Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) is a disease of the placenta (or afterbirth) that affects identical twin pregnancies.
-TTTS affects identical twins (or higher multiple gestations) who share a common monochorionic placenta.
-The shared placenta contains abnormal blood vessels which connect the umbilical cord and circulations of the twins.
-The common placenta may also be shared unequally by the twins
-The events in pregnancy that lead to TTTS are all random.
-TTTS is not hereditary or genetic, nor caused by anything the parents did or did not do.
-TTTS can happen to anyone.

I can't wait until my next appointment so I can be reassured that everything is still going well with my babies.

No comments:

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90