Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

First stay in the hospital

Well, it finally happened!!! I went to my OB appointment on Wednesday morning and he told me to go and do my NST right after I finished my appointment. He's always concerned that I'm working up to pre-eclampsia and wants to stay on top of monitoring me. My NST was scheduled for 4 that afternoon, but he didn't want me to wait. Once I got settled in and all checked out I was told I was in labor (I wasn't feeling the contractions) and I had dilated to 2 cm. Needless to say, I spent most of the afternoon in labor and delivery. During my stay I was given a steroid shot in case I deliver the babies pre-term. I also took the FFN test and it came back positive, which indicates I will be delivering within two weeks, but I've read they aren't as accurate with twin/mulitple pregnancies, we'll see. By late afternoon they informed me they were sending me to a hospital 45 miles away in case I was in pre-term labor (my local hospital isn't equipped to take care of preemies). Well, by 6:30 p.m. that evening I was on my way via ambulance to the other hospital. Of course once I got there I was hooked up so they could monitor the babies heartbeats, my heartbeat, and my contractions. Everything was great but I was still having contractions. I was administered an I V by a nurse that I wish I didn't have. She wasn't very gentle when it came to needles. I was given a magnesium drip. I was told I would be in the hospital until they could administer the second steroid shot. When I was checked around 10 p.m. my cervix had dilated to 3 and the contractions had not stopped. When I was checked around 4 a.m. my contractions were still happening and my cervix had dilated to 4. I stayed on the magnesium drip all morning and it helped the contractions stop, by early afternoon they had stopped totally. Around 2 p.m. I got real sick, I couldn't focus or walk, I began throwing up so they stopped the magnesium for a couple of hours. By the time they decided to start the drip again (at a lower dose), I was feeling better, but then I started feeling back labor pains, but that stopped by early evening. The only thing that happened after that was when I went to the bathroom and wiped I noticed I had lost some of my mucus plus. (Sorry about the TMI)

Two days later I'm still in the hospital. I was taken off the magnesium drip and I was told they will monitor me until tomorrow morning. The doctor checked my cervix and there was no change, I was still dilated to 4, and I wasn't having any contractions. She told me if I was the same by tomorrow morning I would possibly send me home. I did have another large amount of mucus loss late in the afternoon, but I was told it could regenerate itself. I'm hoping I'm able to go home. I'll know more by tomorrow morning.

I'm hoping my babies will cook for at least 2 more weeks. But, I have a feeling I may not make it that long. My body is so tired and sore. I will do what I can not to deliver before 36 weeks if possible.

Just a little rant about the nurse who isn't good with needles:
When she put the IV in it hurt bad. I have a high threshold for pain, but that hurt! That wasn't though. When she had to take blood from me she couldn't find a vain and she said her eyesight wasn't that good so she would have to get someone to come and see if they could find a site. She was at least in her mid 50's and I know how the eyes are at that age, my Mom is in her early 50's and I know what problems she has with her eyes. Anyway, she decided to look a little more when my sister-in-law pointed and said that looks like a good vain. The nurse looked and said I'm not sure if I can do it there but I'll try. It was on the outside of my hand where the skin is thick and tough. She pushed the needle in until it almost came through the skin on the top of my hand. I pulled my hand away and told her it hurt, but she just pulled my hand back and told my not to move. She wasn't even in a vain, the needle was in my hand. It hurt so bad I started crying and then she decided to go and have another nurse come in to try and get blood from me, she had no problem getting blood from the inside of my elbow. I didn't even feel the needle go in. I pray I don't ever have that nurse again.


2 comments:

Angel Leigh said...

hiya

i wondered where you got too. Glad that you posted and i hope everything goes okay.

Silly nurse, she should of gotten someone else to do it rather than put you in more pain.

Huggs

Angel

danamarie said...

Hope all is ok!!! Hang in there!

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90