Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Monday, January 5, 2009

34 Weeks!!!

I'm so grateful we made it through the preterm labor last week and are trying to make it to full term. I haven't been feeling any contractions since they were able to stop them. I am still losing my mucus plug, it's been happening about every other day, so let's hope we make it past 35 weeks at least. I was taken off my nephedipine when I was hospitalized with the preterm labor and today I had a migraine, so I'm hoping this will just be an isolated incidence. At least I know it will be over soon since I have less than four weeks to make it to the maximum weeks my OB has given me. I have a feeling I won't be making it that far. I'm just hoping they stay put for at least another week. All of a sudden I'm starting to realize I will be bringing two babies home. How will I ever manage with two other children? Feeding two babies, changing two babies, put two babies down for naps, get two babies to sleep at night, carry two babies to the car, etc, etc, etc!!! All this and more with two other small children. Then I think, with Daddy's help and Grandma we will do okay. Thank Goodness for all the help they have and will be giving me!

I feel really blessed to be among the few women who carry twins. Even with all the aches and pains, it's still a wonderful experience and I'm so happy it happened to me. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever get pregnant with twins, let alone identical twins, more specifically; identical twin girls. I can't wait to be able to say, I'm a Mom of twins, I'm raising twins, I gave birth to twins, I have twins, I have twin girls, I have identical twin girls, yes they're identical, yes I can tell them apart (eventually), etc, etc, etc!!!!



Just a word to all you Mother's of twins and multiples, and Mother's of multiple, multiples....I don't know you personally, but I do admire you. To be able to handle all that is

5 comments:

danamarie said...

You will be fine! If you have lots of help you will be able to do it. I had a 2 year old when my twins were born and that was hard too. I was blessed to be able to have my twins my second pregnancy and now to be prego with just one its going to be a breeze. You can do it I have faith in you! Can not wait to see those babies!!! GOOD LUCK and get your rest now...glad your home again!

mrs.izzy said...

Hello there and congrats for making it his far! I just happen to find your blog today. I am a mom of identical twin girls who are now 19 months old and an almost 4 year old boy. My twins were born at 33 weeks and 4 days old when I went to preterm labor. I received 2 steriod shots to mature their lungs and when they were born they had no problems at all. They didn't need to be ventilated or tubed. They only stayed in the NICU for 10 days (10 long days, but that was nothing!).

You can do it! Any day you can carry them from now on is a plus and a blessing. You will be able to handle everything your little girls will throw at you. The best thing to keep in mind is to relax. Breathe in and breathe out and take things as they come.

I don't know you obviously, but I'm routing for you and your girls!

Angel Leigh said...

hiya

thinking of you. Not long to go now which is very exciting. The same thoughts go through my head as well about having 2 babies to pick up, change, bath, feed and change nappies.

I can't really imagen what its going to be like really.

We can do it :)

Angel

Mommy Rader said...

So glad you're making it through!!! Almost there. Keep cooking gals =) What a scare, though. Hope this last week or so flys by with no complications and that you're able to just relax and ride the rest of this pregnancy out. I am so happy that you're having twins. I wish I would have carried my other baby so I could have had twins, but I know this baby is healthy and a blessing and things happen for reasons other than what we know so...I'm very thankful to be getting my princess. I'll be checking back for updates! Can't wait to hear the good news and see the pics of your princesses!

Anonymous said...

I am also pregnant with twin girls. I am in my 33rd week. and boy am i feeling the difference. I also have two other children so yes i also swing between fearing the hardwork ahead and the excitement of having twins.I hope the ride gets a little easier from now till labor though it looks unlikely.I have so much admiration for women who carry triplets and makes me wonder abotut eh woman who chose to have 8 babies. Never mind how insane that decision was but this job alone is hard enough and she probably deserves all the sympathy for this decision is life altering.

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90