Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby Shower































Okay, I know we waited until my 35th week, but it was worth it. However, I was tired when it was all over. The shower was wonderful. The babies received a lot of clothes. I realized a few days before my shower I didn't really have much for them, now I do! All the outfits are sooooo cute, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to bring them home in. Oh and the oh so sooooooft blankets, they are so cute. Everything I received were matching sets basically and almost everything is in pink or pink and brown. Pink and brown was the color scheme at the shower, it was so cute. The table was set up so cute. My Mom and my sister-in-law threw the shower for me and they did a great job.....thanks Mom and Sheila!!! I appreciate it more than you know.















We only played a few games, but they were really fun. One game was pair the socks, the guests had to pair as many socks as they could within 15 seconds (all different styles and colors). The second game was "what's in the bag", there were three brown paper bags filled with baby items. Each guest would feel the bags to try and guess what was in each bag (10 seconds per bag). That was fun, but it was harder than I thought it would be. Each of the winners won two $5 gift cards to Starbucks (the theme was two of course, so everything had to have two). The last game was the memory game. This was a big hit with all the guests, they all had so much fun playing it. The prizes for this game were the matching candy bars, each guest that got a match received two candy bars. There were 54 pieces of candy given out since there were 27 items to match on the board. We played this game at my cousins baby shower last year and I wanted to do it at mine, so my Mom made the board with the cards that cover the sayings. The board was laminated and so were the cards, then she put velcro on the back of each card and on the board where each card would go to hide the saying or word. It was a lot of fun.
And my cakes (two each of course)!! We found a picture of a cake online and my sister-in-law had a local woman make them, they turned out really cute. My Mom came up with the saying to put on the cakes....the first cake read, Two..... and the second cake read, Too Cute! They were so cute, they were little baby butts sticking up with their little feet and legs curled up. Of course I want to share some pictures with all of you, I hope you enjoy them.

I can't believe I've reached and past almost every milestone, but two. I still need to make it to at least 36 weeks and the last but not least milestone of course.....giving birth to my sweet little twin baby girls!! That will be a joyous occasion.....then the real work begins!! I've been having contractions all week and losing mucus. And let me tell you about the diarrhea, I don't know if it will ever stop (sorry about the TMI), I might as well spend all day just sitting on the toilet. All of this accompanied by period cramps. Isn't it wonderful being a woman. With all that said......I wouldn't have it any other way!!

I have to tell you about the cutest ultrasound I had during my last NST. The babies are both head down still and they right next to each other. It was so cute, we could see their heads and then it looked like they were holding hands. My Mom said, one baby is probably telling the other one, "We can do it, come on we'll do it together"! It was so cute, I hope they are close with each other as they age. I'm sure there will be days when they can't stand being around each other, but I'm hoping those days will be few and far between. I am so ready to live those days!!

2 comments:

Mommy Rader said...

Oh how exciting!! Not much longer now. Your shower looked absolutely beautiful and that is a great pic of you. You look so radiant and ready to have those babes =) I too love the pink and brown color scheme. That's what my diaper bag is. Anxiously awaiting the birth story and pics.

Angel Leigh said...

hiya

Your shower pictures were really cool. I love the cakes and the theme. I've never actually had a baby shower before so i have no idea what happens, so reading about yours was fun.

We've both gotten so far. I still can't believe that i'm nearly 34 weeks. I've also had the living on the toliet problem, with contractions, period cramps etc. I've dropped quite a bit lately.

Congrats on teh shower. I can't wait till you have your little girls.

Angel

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90