Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good news.....and maybe not so good news! Baby B gender finally exposed!!

We're going back to the 3D/4D company tomorrow (I think it's today already), and I'm a little worried about going. We were there a few weeks ago and the babies looked fine, they looked healthy. I had some news today(or is it yesterday) when I went to my regular ultrasound. When I got there they seemed to be confused why I was having another ultrasound so soon. My last one was at 19-20 weeks and I'm 24 weeks now. At the last one they told me I was to be seen every 4 weeks now, so I made an appointment and that's why I was there. When we got to the room, the sonographer was a bit confused as to why I was there also, so she quickly read my file and said it was because at my last scan they didn't get the measurement for one of the baby's head. Now that I think about it, I think she was reading when I had my 19-20 week scan that it wasn't complete and I had to come back in to take a few more measurements. Well, I went in the next day for those measurements, I guess they didn't note that, oh well. Before I even laid down the sonographer asked me if anyone discussed the "two vessel cord" with me. I told her nobody has discussed any of the ultrasounds, as a matter of fact the doctor told me my last ultrasound report came back fine and that everything looked good. At that point I tried to ask her about it, but she clammed up and said that's something for the doctor to discuss with me. That sure left me feeling worried. She told me she would go ahead and measure both heads and since I was there she decided to take other measurements and take some pictures that they needed. I noticed she measured their heads, bodies, the crl, and their femurs. One measured 23 weeks, 3 days and the other one measured 23 weeks, 4 days, not a big difference at all, that's a good thing. During the ultrasound she showed us Baby A's umbilical cord and said it had only two vessels and she showed us Baby B's cord and she said it had three vessels. I'm thinking, "hmmm....that can't be good". I remember thinking, I'll find out all about the two vessel cord when I get home and look it up online. Well, now I wish I didn't know so much. It can be a sign of chromosome abnormalities, possibly Down Syndrome, or maybe even organ disease such as; heart, kidney etc. Great, now I know too much. While I was reading I remembered some things about the scan. I remember her typing Choroid Plexus Cyst and while she was looking at Baby A's pelvic area, we could see her bladder looked really full, but that could be normal. I don't know if that really matters, or if it's a sign of TTTS. Regardless of what all this means, I think I'm going to stop reading about it and talk to my OB next week at my next appointment. I'm not so sure it would be Down Syndrome at my age (25), but I guess there's always a possibility. Maybe I'm making too much out of this scan, but I can't help but worry whether Baby A will be born healthy or born with some sort of birth defect. I'm praying for her good health. I did read that Choroid Plexus Cyst's usually spontaneously dissolve before about 32 weeks, so it may not be a reliable factor for determining abnormal chromosomes. Knowledge may be power, but at this point......naivety is bliss, at least until I get some facts.

That's the reason I'm a little apprehensive about the 3D/4D ultrasound today. I'm afraid that we will see something wrong with Baby A. I did read that with a two vessel cord, a cleft palette is possible. Not that I wouldn't love my baby any less, but I would feel so bad for her. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Now for some good news. The sonographer said she would look for the gender of Baby B after she finished her measurements. We told her we were hoping she could get it since, after 4 tries it wasn't an easy task. But, once she moved the wand over the correct area, we could see right away that Baby B is a girl. I knew she had to be, because I still think they are identical. At least now I won't have to take any of the clothes back that I bought a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Dani Merced said...

I'm so sorry about Baby A's two-vessel cord. I think you've made a good decision to stop reading internet info and wait and talk to your OB. You and your babies will be in my thoughts and prayers and please let us know what your OB says at your appointment this week.

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90