Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!

Seven Years Old....Already!! Trying on clothes for 2nd grade already!
Follow us on YouTube by clicking the picture above!

Monday, October 20, 2008

23 Weeks and Migraines are back!

Yes! Twenty three weeks! I am so happy time is going by so fast lately. I started having migraines on Friday and they were nonstop from then until Sunday. Finally when I couldn't get any relief from at all I went to labor and delivery. Once I arrived there I was hooked up to the fetal heart monitor. During the course of my stay I was given a dose of nephedipine, oxygen treatment, a can of coca-cola and a shot of demeral. Whatever, or which ever of the medications including the cola must have done the trick, the pain in my head was not as bad as it had been all weekend. Of course the demeral help a lot I'm sure. I don't like to take pain medication, especially while being pregnant, but I've been assured that pain killers are safe to take while pregnant. I'm hoping what brought on the migraines was the lack of nephedipine, I stopped taking it once I started taking the magnesium oxide. The doctor in labor and delivery told me to take both the magnesium and the nephedipine. So, I'm hoping it will block the migraines from coming back. Today I am so tired, but no migraines so far!!! Yay! I'm still having my hangover headaches, but that's it. I describe them as hangover, but I don't drink and I've never had a hangover, but it's what I'd imagine a hangover would feel like. Anyway, it's my migraine hangover headache. I can take those, I just can't take the migraine pain, especially when it lasts for days, one migraine after another. I just have to tell myself it will be over when the babies comes, in no more than 17 weeks.
While in labor and delivery I asked if they would be giving me an ultrasound and the nurse said probably not because the reason that brought me in wasn't related to obstetrics. I was a little bummed about that. After I was given all the medications etc., and it was almost time to go, the nurse came in wheeling an ultrasound machine. She said the doctor wanted to take a quick look because she couldn't get the heartbeats externally. The doctor checked their heartbeats and then he asked if I knew what the babies are. I told him Baby A is a girl, but Baby B is uncooperative so we haven't been able to get a good visual in the gender department. He looked around and he looked and he looked, but still nothing definite with that little one. Finally he said "see this area right here, that's what I'm looking at, I can't be 100%, but I'm thinking boy". Oh my!!! Now what? I don't mind having another boy, I would love one, but my mindset has already adjusted to two girls. I've even gone out and bought matching outfits. Which can be returned or exchanged anytime as long as I have my receipt. Maybe Baby B is going to be a modest one."I LOVE CARTER'S!" This Friday I'm scheduled for another ultrasound and Saturday I return for another session for my 3D/4D ultrasound. Hopefully one of those days we will get a 100% answer, otherwise we may just have to wait until they are born.
It's hard to think that they may be fraternal since the early ultrasounds looked like they may be identical. Either way it doesn't matter, I was just kinda set on them being identical for some reason. When I first found out I was pregnant with twins, I wanted boy/girl, but then when I was told at my 12 week ultrasound I had one placenta and there is a good possibility they may be identical; and at my 19 week ultrasound Baby A was seen as a girl, well that's when I started thinking they may be identical then. I just want to know for sure before the babies come so I can be prepared for them, gender appropriate items anyway.
Well, I better rethink those names. The one name we agree on is Ally, their Daddy doesn't really like Keily. So, it may turn out that their names will be Ally Jae and Damon Richard Wayne, we want to get both grandfathers names in there. I don't know, we still have time to think about it. At least if we knew for sure, we would have time to choose the names before they are born.

3 comments:

Dani Merced said...

Hopefully you've got those migraines under control for good now. Baby B is certainly keeping you on your toes! Can't wait to hear what the final verdict is :)

Mommy Rader said...

Sorry your migrains returned! Hopefully they won't be back and that you'll be able to know soon if baby B is boy or girl =)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your migraines. I used to suffer with migraines about two or three days a week. It was horrible. Fortunately, I was able to resolve the issue through chiropractic care and I haven't had one for at least ten years. If you're interested here's some other tips that might help http://www.newrinkles.com/index.php/archive/migraines-causes-and-cures/

Lane Bryant

Lane Bryant 120x90